Senior Mine Engineer
Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome started production at the Kiena Complex Val d’Or, Quebec in December 2022. The Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
The Senior Mine Engineer will provide the focus for the engineering department to achieve the mine’s safety and production targets and add value to operations where possible.
RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DUTIES PERFORMED
• Lead mine engineering team in a safe and efficient manner to achieve departmental and company business objectives.
• Review designs for regulatory compliance and compliance to Company policies, procedures, and standards.
• Promote innovation and continuous improvement in safe work practices.
• Conduct all work in a safe manner following our company Field Level Risk Assessment process and other related process documentation.
• Promote and adhere to Company environmental and sustainability policies.
• Mine Planning and Mine Design.
• Ability to motivate and manage the engineering team.
• Develop quality mine plans based on historical performance. Mentor the EIT’s in the department through guidance to reach their maximum potential and progress their personal goals.
• Complete and review mid to long-range mine planning and mine design to increase value to our operation.
• Develop budgetary mine planning and scheduling that support company business guidelines
• Coordinate and present quarterly forecasts to support mine production.
• Liaise with Geotechnical Consultants and incorporate guidance into mine plan.
• Provide guidance to operating departments to maximize production, plan their activities and accurately measure key performance indicators.
• Manage consultants and contractors on engineering projects Strategic Planning as required.
• Maintain, report and monitor of production statistics and performance to ensure the company’s goals and objectives are achieved.
• Strategic Planning
• Participate in Business Planning providing guidance on LOM options to increase value and optimize use of resources.
• Provide support to exploration teams to ensure DD targets are appropriately scheduled and incorporated into the mine schedule.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• A Bachelor of Science in Mining Engineering from a recognized institution.
• Professional Engineer in the Province of Ontario and in good standing order with PEO or eligible for registration.
• A minimum of 7 years of mine engineering experience including 2 years in a senior role.
• Be technically competent and have a good understanding of key mining business drivers.
• Strong Deswik design and scheduling skills would be an asset.
• Replace the Engineering Superintendent on a rotational basis.
• This position is located at our Eagle River Mine location near Wawa, Ontario.
• 7-7 schedule, accommodated at the Eagle River Mine camp with all the amenities.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position.
However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Wesdome prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer committed to responsible mining practices and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or Aboriginal status. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.