Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome is actively exploring its brownfields asset, the Kiena Complex in Val d’Or, Quebec. The Kiena Complex is a fully permitted former mine with a 930-metre shaft and 2,000 tonne-per-day mill. The Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
Heavy Equipment Mechanic is responsible, as part of a team, for maintaining the equipment and mechanical systems of the Eagle River Mine site to ensure smooth and continuous operation.
RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DUTIES PERFORMED
Duties include but are not limited to:
• Comply with Wesdome safety policies and applicable regulatory, customer or industry requirements.
• Participate in the development of safe work procedures.
• Participate in the planning, health and safety, or other meetings as required.
• Build strong relationships with Maintenance team to ensure smooth operations and satisfaction.
• Work in compliance with Health and Safety regulations and other applicable regulations (TSSA, CWB)
• Ensure all logbooks are maintained according to standard operating procedures.
• Repairing, installing/uninstalling, assembling/disassembling, aligning equipment as necessary, both mobile and stationary equipment.
• Perform pre-assembly activities such as cleaning and lubricating parts.
• Read and interpret blueprints, sketches, and written instructions to assemble the parts or products.
• Perform heavy mobile mining equipment assembly according to engineering drawings.
• Position or align components for assembly, manually or using hoists.
• Follows scopes of work within time constraints.
• Conducting preventative maintenance checks on equipment.
• Use tools and equipment correctly and safely.
• Providing information on required parts and equipment to allow proper management of parts required for ordering.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic Certification preferred.
• Minimum of two (2) years related experience with mining industry-specific equipment an asset.
• Knowledge of hydraulics and electrical systems.
• Ability to read and interpret equipment schematics.
• Strong diagnostic and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to work in a team environment.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills; computer literacy.
• Ability to work varied shift schedules including night shift.
• Strong communication and motivational skills to maintain and promote a productive and safe working atmosphere.
• Working underground is mandatory.
• Mine Common Core Certification is an asset.
• Mine Hoist knowledge is an asset.
• 11-hour shifts
• 14 days on 14 days off
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Wesdome prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer committed to responsible mining practices and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or Aboriginal status. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.