Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome is actively exploring its brownfields asset, the Kiena Complex in Val d’Or, Quebec. The Kiena Complex is a fully permitted former mine with a 930-metre shaft and 2,000 tonne-per-day mill. The Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
Reporting to the Electrical Superintendent the primary responsibility for this role is to supervise Mill Electrician and Instrument Technicians’ day to day activities, ensure compliance with health and safety and environmental regulations and policies , perform repairs and complete preventative maintenance by following job procedures and using accepted industry practices, follow maintenance directives from the Electrician Superintendent, and plan jobs in the most efficient and cost-effective manner are important duties of this position.
RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DUTIES PERFORMED
• Minimize equipment downtime to ensure optimum overall equipment effectiveness through proactive maintenance practices.
• Coordinate daily production activities that meet the mill plan and to set goals for self and others to achieve this objective.
• Responsible for creating work orders and updating backlog items.
• Provide on-going coaching, feedback, and development suggestions to improve individual performance.
• Participate in managing operating costs to plan within the electrical department.
• Provide timely, accurate and well-communicated shift reports and summaries for cross-shift and turnaround needs.
• Work collaboratively with others to achieve organizational goals – both within own department and cross-departmentally.
• Participate in maintenance and reliability improvement projects.
• Be highly effective in motivation, organization and decision-making.
• Assist electricians and instrumentation techs with process control system troubleshooting when needed
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Red Seal Inter-Provincial Electrical Trade certification (Industrial or Construction and Maintenance) with a Technologist diploma in electrical would be an asset.
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a mill/plant production environment including operating/maintenance experience, with 3 or more years of supervisory experience.
• Will understand and be familiar with the Canadian Electrical Codes as well as be familiar with the Ontario Electrical Code and the CSA M421-00 codes as pertaining to underground mining.
• Ability to perform in a self-directed, fast paced, team environment.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills, a strong commitment to working in a safe, socially responsible manner. Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs is required.
• 12-hour shifts
• 7 on - 7 off
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position. However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Wesdome prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer committed to responsible mining practices and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or Aboriginal status. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.