Position: Winter Patroller/ Snow Plow Operator
Division: Miller Maintenance
Reporting to: Patrol Supervisor
Start Date: To be determined
Summary: Miller Maintenance proudly provides maintenance services on Area Maintenance Contracts for the Ministry of Transportation throughout the province of Ontario. Our leadership in the Ontario road and highway maintenance industry is based on our commitment to continuous improvement through education, innovation, safety, and training.
Miller Maintenance has immediate openings for Winter Patrollers/Snow Plow Operators. The winter maintenance season runs yearly from September until April, weather dependent. At Miller, we offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package. At our core, we are our people. Following the winter season, we provide all employees equal opportunity to job vacancies.
- Safe and efficient operation of spreader, plow or combo units to perform the clearing of local roads as per the contract requirements
- Make snow and ice control decisions during the winter
- Responsible for road maintenance on highways
- Respond to emergency situations such as spills, accidents, inclement weather and assist in implementing an emergency plan
- Provide traffic control, including the set up and take down of traffic control signs
- Maintain accurate documentation, including hours of service, fuel records, incident reports, time sheets, diaries, logs etc.
- Other duties as assigned
- DZ license with a clean driver’s abstract and ability to drive manual transmission, required
- Experience in winter operations (snow and ice control) along with knowledge of OTM book 7, is an asset
- Available to respond to call-ins within thirty minutes
- Ability to remain flexible with shift schedules, and extended hours (evenings, weekends, nights, and holidays) as winter events require
- Mechanical knowledge, ability to perform routine maintenance and minor repairs to equipment as required
- Effective team player with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work and drive in extreme weather conditions
- Willingness to learn and appreciate company values - Safety, Quality, and Integrity so we can continue “Building Greatness”