Mill Operations Safety/Trainer
Wesdome Gold Mines is in its 30th year of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Eagle River Complex is located approximately 50 km south of Highway 17and 50 km west of Wawa, Ontario. The facility is currently producing gold from a central mill which processes ore from the Eagle River Underground Mine.
The Mill Operations Safety/Trainer will develop, prepare, and update training materials to ensure that operators receive adequate training in their specific work tasks and to evaluate for competency in areas including but not limited to, Crushing, Grinding, Leaching, Dewatering, and Merrill-Crowe Zinc circuits. He/she will provide training in both a classroom environment as well as in the mill. The successful candidate will monitor and review operator activity to ensure compliance with best practice, and in cooperation with the Mill Superintendent and Supervisors, identify and prioritize training needs. The successful candidate will also comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and all applicable regulations to protect the safety of our employees and work as a team member towards the efficient operation of the mill.
• Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written.
• Able to present to individuals and/or to large groups.
• Excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills.
• Demonstrated commitment to safety with working knowledge of OH&S Act.
• Demonstrate willingness to participate in a team environment.
• Committed to continuous improvement.
• Strong computer skills including proficiency with Microsoft Office applications.
• Speak, read, and write English.
• This position is responsible for the site orientation of all new Mill employees.
• Measure and evaluate trainee performance by assigning projects, conducting practice sessions, and obtaining feedback from supervision as to trainee’s performance.
• Assess operators to ensure training is tailored to their learning style.
• Provide follow-up on all training facets by issuing evaluations and maintaining frequent contact with supervision who conduct on-the-job training.
• Keep up to date training records for all mill personnel.
• Assist and support with respect to all OHSA requirements.
• The Mill Safety/Trainer should possess 3 years of experience as a supervisor/mill trainer in mill processing plant and demonstrate experience in operator training.
• Completion of Basic Mill Common Core or equivalent.
• Obtain a clean criminal background check.
• Train The Trainer Certification
• Supervisory Common Core
Reporting to the Lead Health, Safety and Training Administrator, the Mill Safety / Trainer is accountable for preparing MTCU training materials and conducting training courses to provide and maintain skilled operating personnel.
We Wish To Thank All Applicants For Their Interest and Effort In Applying For The Position; However, Only Candidates Selected For Interviews Will Be Contacted.
Wesdome prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer committed to responsible mining practices and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or Aboriginal status. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome