Fixed Plant Maintenance Planner/Scheduler
(Maternity Leave Coverage)
Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold from the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome started production at the Kiena Complex Val d’Or, Quebec in December 2022. The Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
Wesdome Eagle River Mine is looking for a temporary Fixed Plant Maintenance Planner/Scheduler. This role will be for a 1-year contract.
Reporting to the Asset Management and Reliability Coordinator, the Fixed Plant Maintenance Planner/Scheduler will be responsible for planning all mechanical maintenance and project activities for both surface and underground fixed plant assets; primarily the mill and hoist plants. Working closely with the millwright supervisors and general foremen, the incumbent shall coordinate maintenance work with other planners and departments like electrical, mobile maintenance, mine production and mill operations to meet production targets. Duties will include building job packages as well as developing and maintaining a rolling schedule for fixed plant maintenance that optimize asset availability. The successful candidate shall be an avid computer user and effective communicator who is also able to efficiently manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced work environment while promoting Wesdome’s culture of health and safety for all employees, assets and the environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DUTIES PERFORMED
• Work with millwright supervisors/General Foremen and crew to develop and implement preventive maintenance (PM) programs for fixed plant assets based on reliability centered maintenance (RCM) principles using SAP
• Maintain a healthy fixed plant maintenance backlog with two (2) to four (4) workweeks of ready to schedule jobs
• Review and maintain accurate work order statuses in SAP
• Conduct site visits to scope out jobs and build sufficiently detailed job packages for the safe and efficient execution of all fixed plant maintenance jobs and projects
• Review approved notifications in SAP for completeness prior to planning & scheduling.
• Develop and maintain accurate documentation of fixed plant maintenance activities
• Work with procurement group to secure parts, equipment and contractor labor as required for all planned fixed plant maintenance jobs in a timely fashion
• Develop and maintain good working relationships with internal and external stakeholders like suppliers and contractors
• Coordinate the kitting and staging of required parts and specialty tools/equipment for all scheduled jobs
• Develop and update maintenance documents like standard task procedures (STPs), standard operating procedures (SOPs), inspection sheets and checklists for PMs and routine maintenance tasks
• Create and maintain an accurate BOM and critical spares list to support fixed plant maintenance activities
• Prepare and maintain a quarterly and annual fixed plant maintenance forecast and work with other planners to develop the integrated maintenance forecast.
• Work with fixed plant maintenance group to develop and implement a recertification/recalibration program for regulated and specialty tools/equipment as required
• Coordinate condition monitoring programs like vibration and oil analysis surveys with appropriate vendors on approved frequencies for improved asset reliability
• Lead fixed plant maintenance planning meetings to review and prioritize PMs, corrective, shutdown and project work orders for planning
• Organize fixed plant scheduling meetings with fixed plant maintenance supervisors and other departmental representatives to review and prioritize work for the 2-week rolling schedule in order to minimize impact on production
• Develop and track maintenance KPIs to help guide maintenance management efforts and identify opportunities for improvement
• Prepare and present monthly KPI reports
• Contribute to annual maintenance budgeting process and budget reviews
• Work with the maintenance execution teams and contractors to manage costs and deliver projects on time and budget
• Provide coverage for vacation periods as required
• Collaborate with other departments tackle strategic goals of organizational
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Asset Management and Reliability Coordinator
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Inter-Provincial Trade certification (Red Seal) or mechanical Technologist/Engineer with three (3) years of relevant work experience
• Minimum of two (2) years work experience in a mine or industrial work environment including at least one (1) year of maintenance planning experience
• A maintenance certification such as Certified Maintenance and Reliability Professionals (CMRP), Maintenance Management Professional (MMP) or Certified Reliability Engineer (CRE) is a strong asset
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office suite required; knowledge of MS Project is an asset
• Proficient in the use of CMMS programs like SAP for maintenance planning is a strong asset
• Demonstrate a strong commitment to data driven decision making and continuous improvement
• Knowledge of hoist plant operation, gold processing equipment and processes is a strong asset
• Familiar with applicable standards and codes for mechanical maintenance in the province of Ontario especially in an underground mine environment
• Ability to perform in a self-directed, fast paced, team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with experience working in a multicultural environment
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• A strong commitment to working in a safe and socially responsible manner
• Ability to work in a structured and well-organized manner with a high attention to detail
• 12-hour shifts
• 7 on - 7 off
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position.
However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Wesdome prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer committed to responsible mining practices and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or Aboriginal status. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment