Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The
Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development.
The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+
ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is
currently producing gold the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome is actively exploring its
brownfields asset, the Kiena Complex in Val d’Or, Quebec. The Kiena Complex is a fully permitted
former mine with a 930-metre shaft and 2,000 tonne-per-day mill. The Company trades on the
Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
The Mine Electrician is responsible for doing the electrical construction and maintenance
of the mining operation and camp complex.
• Ensuring compliance with health and safety and environmental regulations and policies is
of primary importance with this position.
• Performing repairs and doing preventative maintenance by following job procedures and
using accepted industry practices are a necessary part of this position.
• Following maintenance and work directives from the Electrical Supervisor, Electrical
Superintendent in the Electrical Supervisors absence.
• Planning jobs in the most efficient and cost-effective manner are important duties of this
The following list forms a basis for the position’s responsibilities but does not necessarily
encompass all the duties that may be required in the performance of this position.
• Ensuring all personal protective equipment is in place before starting any job as
prescribed in the Act.
• Notify supervisor of any unsafe conditions that need to be corrected before any job is
started and refuse to perform any unsafe task.
• Liase with the Joint Health and Safety committee on Health and Safety issues in the
• Maintain logbooks on any equipment that require repairs or services logged.
• Provide input in safety meetings
• Provide electrical assistance to other departments when required.
• Perform all work to the applicable electrical code standard.
• Work with operations to ensure a smooth liaison in any maintenance being performed.
• Possess a valid electrical red seal ticket in either Industrial or Construction and
Maintenance in Ontario.
• Possess common core certificates for underground mining operations.
• At least 2 years underground experience.
• Have an aptitude for creating and maintaining a good work atmosphere with co-workers
in maintenance and operations.
• Good troubleshooting skills
• Be in good physical condition.
• 12-hour shifts
• 7 on | 7 off