Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome started production in December 2022 at the Kiena Complex in Val d’Or, Quebec. The Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
Reporting to the Eagle River Mill, Health & Safety Lead Supervisor, the Mill Trainer will demonstrate leadership capabilities, develop, prepare, and update training materials to ensure that operators receive adequate training in their specific work tasks and to evaluate for competency in areas including but not limited to, Crushing, Grinding, Leaching, Dewatering, and Merrill-Crowe Zinc circuits. He/she will provide training in both a classroom environment as well as in the mill. The successful candidate will monitor and review operator activity to ensure compliance with best practice, and in cooperation with the Mill Superintendent and Supervisors, identify and prioritize training needs. The successful candidate will also comply with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and all applicable regulations to protect the safety of our employees and work as a team member towards the efficient operation of the mill. Wesdome offers competitive salaries, benefits, and an excellent opportunity for professional development, and a great work environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DUTIES PERFORMED
• Provide support to the mill by maintaining a visible presence in the field through workplace inspections and job observations.
• Measure and evaluate trainee performance by assigning projects, conducting practice sessions, and obtaining feedback from supervision as to trainee’s performance.
• Assess operators to ensure training is tailored to their learning style.
• Provide follow-up on all training facets by issuing evaluations and maintaining frequent contact with supervision who conduct on-the-job training.
• Keep up to date training records for all mill personnel.
• Assist in the coaching, mentoring and implementation of the HS&E programs in the field with all employees at all levels.
• Regularly review and be familiar with all applicable legislation and applicable standards, to ensure compliance.
• Regularly audit the Safety Management System for compliance and update to ensure the alignment with company policies and procedures.
• Participate and assist supervisors, foreman and JHSC in the investigation of incidents to determine root cause, and concrete corrective actions.
• Designated Employer Representative.
• Site / mill inductions.
• Contribute to the continuous improvement initiatives of the department.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Proficient in Microsoft Office / Excel Programs.
• Reliable with an insight of ethics and discretion.
• Excellent comprehension, knowledge and understanding of Reg. 854 / OH&S Act Ontario
• Experience in a health and safety position.
• Prior supervisory & train the trainer experience.
• 10+ years’ Milling experience required.
• Mine Rescue / ERT experience considered an asset.
• Knowledge of Merrill-Crowe Process.
• Ability to demonstrate the application of risk assessments to company operations and activities.
• Excellent Incident Investigation skills and analytical skills.
• Excellent leadership, communication, and conflict resolution skills.
• Ability to perform under stressful conditions.
• Attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
• Team and safety orientated.
WORK SCHEDULE / OTHER
• Day shift
• 7/7 or 14/14 Rotation
• Location: Eagle River Complex – North of Wawa, Ontario
• Meals and accommodations are provided while on shift at Eagle River
• Training and learning opportunities.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position.
However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Wesdome prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer committed to responsible mining practices and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or Aboriginal status. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.
To be eligible for this position, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada without any additional sponsorship support from Wesdome.