Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome started production in December 2022 at the Kiena Complex in Val d’Or, Quebec. The Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
The Mill Electrician is responsible for the electrical maintenance of the mill/plant and camp complex while ensuring compliance with health and safety and environmental regulations and policies. The incumbent is also responsible for performing repairs and doing preventative maintenance by following job procedures and using accepted industry practices, following maintenance directives from the Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor or Electrical & Instrumentation Superintendent, and planning jobs in the most efficient and cost-effective manner.
RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DUTIES PERFORMED
• Ensuring all personal protective equipment is in place before starting any job as prescribed.
• Notifying the Electrical & Instrumentation Supervisor of any unsafe conditions that need to be corrected before any job is started and refusing to perform any unsafe task.
• Liaising with the Joint Health and Safety committee on Health and Safety issues in the Electrical Department.
• Helping to maintain accurate and detailed eLogger shift report logs.
• Providing electrical assistance to other departments when required.
• Performing all work to the applicable electrical codes standards CEC/OEC.
• Working with Operations to ensure a smooth liaison while any maintenance is being performed.
• Complete preventative maintenance and operational work orders as assigned.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Valid red seal 442A or 309A electrical license and certification.
• Common core mill certificate for mining operations an asset but not necessary.
• An aptitude for creating and maintaining a good work atmosphere with co-workers in maintenance and operations.
• Ability to use electrical test equipment such as megger and multimeters for troubleshooting electrical systems.
• Ability to work with MCC starters, motors, soft starters, variable frequency drives and generators.
• Familiarity with working with control systems such as HMI’s, DeltaV DCS, and Allen Bradley PLC’s.
• 12-hour shifts
• 7 days on / 7 days off
• Location: Eagle River Complex – North of Wawa, Ontario
• Meals and accommodations are provided while on shift at Eagle River
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position.
However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Wesdome prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer committed to responsible mining practices and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or Aboriginal status. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.
To be eligible for this position, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada without any additional sponsorship support from Wesdome.