Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold at the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome started production at the Kiena Complex in Val d’Or, Quebec in December 2022. The Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
The Mill Grinding Operator is responsible for the safe and efficient operation of the mill grinding circuit from the fine ore bin to the thickener. The grinding operator will report to the Mill Foreman and perform all duties as assigned while maintaining a safe and collaborative work environment.
RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DUTIES PERFORMED
• Operate the Primary Ball Mill and Regrind circuit. Monitor all aspects of circuit and inspect all equipment from the mill feed to the thickener.
• Operate all equipment in compliance with all legislation and Wesdome’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Perform all pre-operational checks and follow procedural requirements to safely start-up, efficiently operate, and safely shutdown all processing equipment.
• Troubleshoot circuit operational deficiencies and take steps to correct, and report process upsets and equipment malfunctions to the supervisor and maintenance department when required.
• Ensure proper sampling is performed including sample collection, filtration and drying to ensure plant metallurgical KPI’s are monitored.
• Record data and maintain shift report logs with a high level of detail required to ensure accuracy in reporting.
• Operate various pieces of equipment throughout the mill and assist with maintenance repairs or other miscellaneous tasks when required.
• Perform Lock Out and Tag Out, Confined Space Entry, and Working at Heights as required in compliance with all legislation and Wesdome’s Health and Safety Policies and Procedures.
• Maintain a clean and safe work area to promote a safe and efficient work environment.
• Complete training activities as required and share industry best practices and expertise with other operators.
• Perform other duties as required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Secondary School Diploma or GED.
• Mill Common Core required.
• Knowledge of and experience on grinding circuits.
• Possess a mechanical aptitude
• Strong knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures.
• 12-hour shifts
• 14 days on / 14 days off
• Location: Eagle River Complex – North of Wawa, Ontario
• Meals and accommodations are provided while on shift at Eagle River
• Training and learning opportunities.
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position.
However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Wesdome prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer committed to responsible mining practices and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or Aboriginal status. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.
To be eligible for this position, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada without any additional sponsorship support from Wesdome.