Internal/External Job Posting
Assistant Plant and Field Services Manager
Catholic Education Centre
Competition # 2021-22-304
SNCDSB is searching for a collaborative, dynamic leader that loves to work in a healthy and happy team culture that supports student engagement, well-being and achievement within a Catholic organization.
Under the direction of the Plant and Field Services Manager, and within the policies and regulations of the Board the Coordinator of Operations position is responsible to provide leadership, technical support, data entry, training and supervision of the department’s custodial staff. The incumbent shall assist to define, develop and implement programs to ensure the Boards custodial forces are adequately trained, equipped and supplied to complete their duties. The incumbent shall take a lead role in community use of schools, and work closely with the Manager of Plant to continuously evaluate custodial personnel. This position, in support of the Plant Services Department team oriented environment, will assist with the investigation, testing, application and monitoring of new technologies, programs and or procedures to meet the Plant Services Departments primary objective to be responsive to system needs and ensure continuous improvement. The Plant Services Department is responsible for the short and long term facilities renewal planning and the day to day cleanliness and repairs in the Board’s buildings to ensure the health and wellbeing of the Boards staff and students.
SNCDSB is seeking an individual who is:
● Able to perform construction, building trade related skills;
● Formal Education: 3 - 5 years practical experience in a school operations environment;
Successful completion of additional building management courses or a certificate from a recognized institution would be an asset;
● Knowledge of related legislation including the Ontario Building Code, Ontario Fire Code,
Occupational Health and Safety Act, Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act, municipal bylaws and planning standards;
● The incumbent shall demonstrate superior skills in the practical application of custodial skills in the workplace;
● The incumbent shall demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills and have proven computer skills in standard business applications including word processing, spreadsheets, and email and database programs such as eBASE;
● Digitally capable and current in 21st century technologies and computer skills;
● Excellent interpersonal skills, initiative;
● Previous managerial experience in a unionized environment;
Assistant Plant and Field Services Manager 2
● Knowledge of health and safety legislation; and
● Proven organizational, administrative, interpersonal team building and management skills are required.
The successful candidate will:
● Be required to travel to various work locations and provide own transportation;
● Work and attend meetings outside of regular working hours;
● Undergo a successful police records check with vulnerable sector screening; and
● Attend Professional Development training as per Board requirements.
Please submit a completed application package including:
● Cover letter and resume which clearly outlines your qualifications, skills and experiences related to the position
● Current Pastoral Reference (if applicable)
● A minimum of three (3) references including email addresses must be included in order for your package to be considered complete. Note: Must include current immediate supervisor. Reference Check Consent Form can be found on our website.
Please submit your application indicating competition number to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for Applications: August 5, 2022 at 4:00 pm
Superior North Catholic District School Board is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities. Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).
Director of Education
Catholic Education Centre, Terrace Bay, ON