Location: Our Lady of Fatima Catholic School, Longlac / St. Joseph Catholic School, Geraldton
- The Child & Youth Worker (CYW) is responsible for providing assessment of the strengths and needs of children and youth. The CYW shall ensure that the rights of the children and youth are respected and addressed in accordance with legislation and SNCDSB standards, policies and procedures. The Child and Youth Worker will provide interventions and/or in-classroom support for children in accordance with their scope of practice and in collaboration with other members of the board's multidisciplinary team. CYWs may be
assigned to specific classrooms to support complex/special needs children. The CYW will participate in board and school committee work, the development and implementation of Student Success Plans, staff training, student placements and consultation to other staff and the Board multi-disciplinary team.
- A Child and Youth Worker degree/diploma from a recognized and accredited university or college;
- A member of the Ontario College of Social Workers and Social Service Workers would be considered an asset;
- Experience in children’s mental health or related field of practice, which may include residential, school-based and/or home-based work;
- Knowledge of the range of theories and practices applicable to the children's mental health field;
- Knowledge and experience in working with children who require mental health and/or behavioural support;
- Minimum of one-year experience is preferred;
- Ability to work effectively with a full range of students, including students with special needs, utilizing specific skills and training;
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to work collaboratively with teachers, administrators and outside agencies;
- Ability to provide instructional, behaviour and student support; and
- Ability to use patience, empathy and understanding in developing and maintaining a rapport with students and in resolving problems or issues that may arise.
Conditions of Employment:
- Current Pastoral Reference (if applicable)
- Successful Completion of all Safety training courses
Must undergo a successful vulnerable police record check
Applicants must submit a cover letter and resume to https://sncdsb.simplication.com/ by: Open Until Filled
Superior North Catholic District School Board is committed to employment equity and encourages applications from women, visible minorities, Aboriginal peoples and persons with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA).