Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome started production at the Kiena Complex in Val d’Or, Quebec in December 2022. The Kiena Complex is a fully permitted former mine with a 930-metre shaft and 2,000 tonne-per-day mill. The Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
Reporting to the Manager, Human Resources, the HR Coordinator supports all human resource department functions including full-cycle recruitment, maintaining employee records, providing administration and support in HR projects and initiatives, and maintaining confidential information within best practices.
RESPONSIBILITIES/JOB DUTIES PERFORMED
• Act as primary HR contact for employees and management at Eagle River Complex on various HR issues.
• Assist in responding to internal and external HR related inquiries or requests.
• Assisting with recruitment activities, onboarding, offboarding employees and exit interviews.
• Support the recruitment/hiring process by sourcing candidates, performing background checks, assisting in shortlisting, issuing employment contracts, etc.
• Attend job fairs and employee interaction within different communities.
• Assist with documentation, filing and organization of HR department paperwork/online directories.
• Educate and help enforce on all company policies, procedures, and processes.
• Assist in aspects of HR programs such as:
o Performance Management
o Health and Safety Management; and
o Drug and Alcohol policies
• Actively participate in the Joint Health & Safety Committee.
• Liaise with other departments or functions (nurses, payroll, benefits etc.).
• Schedule meetings, interviews, HR events, coordinate training sessions, seminars and maintain the team’s agenda.
• Assist with company events and onsite company activities.
• Handle all other HR administration requirements under the direction of the HR Manager.
• The position will be required to ensure and sustain strong working relationship with:
o ALL departments including mining, engineering, mill, maintenance and etc.
o ALL employees – including Wesdome staff and on-Site contract staff.
o Vendors for continuous working relationships.
o Finance team members in the Sault office.
o HR and Finance in the Corporate office in Toronto.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
• Diploma or degree in Human Resources
• Minimum 2 to 3 years of relevant experience
• Knowledge of applicable employment laws and practices in Ontario e.g. ESA, WSIB, OHSA, PIPEDA, Human Rights code
• Strong MS Office skills.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Willingness to learn a broad spectrum of tasks.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and can-do attitude
• Strong analytical, problem-solving skills and attention to detail.
• Human Resources in mining or construction industry preferred.
• Ability to work under pressure and respond to deadlines in an organized fashion.
• 14 days on / 14 days off
• Camp environment (no fly in, fly out)
• Location: Eagle River Complex – North of Wawa, Ontario
• Meals and accommodations are provided while on shift at Eagle River
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position.
However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Wesdome prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer committed to responsible mining practices and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or Aboriginal status. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.
To be eligible for this position, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada without any additional sponsorship support from Wesdome.