Wesdome Gold Mines has had over 30 years of continuous gold mining operations in Canada. The Company is 100% Canadian focused with a pipeline of projects in various stages of development. The Company’s strategy is to build Canada’s next intermediate gold producer, producing 200,000+ ounces from two mines in Ontario and Quebec. The Eagle River Complex in Wawa, Ontario is currently producing gold the Eagle River Underground Mine. Wesdome started production in December 2022 at the Kiena Complex in Val d’Or, Quebec. The Company trades on the Toronto Stock Exchange under the symbol “WDO”.
Reporting to the Electrical Superintendent, the Energy Manager will identify, review, report and implement energy usage and savings opportunities at our operations. The Energy Manager will be the main contact between the Company and IESO with respect to implementing and tracking of energy savings management programs including creating energy management policy, programs and action plans. The incumbent future candidate will also ensure the implementation of the currently enrolled NEAP program remains on track as required to achieve optimal energy savings.
• Develop and maintain a sitewide energy management plan.
• Conduct energy audits, evaluations, cost analysis, equipment replacement and retrofit assessments.
• Prepare annual budgets associated with conservation programs.
• Develops and implements practices and procedures designed to reduce energy consumption and/or improve energy usage.
• Research alternative/renewable energy technologies and determine their feasibility and cost-effectiveness.
• Project planning and management – The ability to coordinate and guide a group in completing tasks and attaining goals of Energy management system after energy efficiency assessments.
• An aptitude for creating and maintaining a good work atmosphere with co-workers in engineering, maintenance, and operations.
• Stay up to date with the latest energy incentive programs for Canada’s Net-Zero Emissions initiative.
• Completion of Engineering Degree or Advanced Technologist Program.
• At least four years of practical experience in a similar role.
• Industrial experience in mine or mill setting with track record of applying technical and administrative skills.
• Ability to work independently and with others.
• The successful candidate is expected to complete the Certified Energy Management (CEM) course within the first year of employment.
• 12-hour shifts
• 7 days on / 7 days off or alternative (4 days on / 3 days off)
• Location: Eagle River Complex – North of Wawa, Ontario
• Meals and accommodations are provided while at the Eagle River site
We wish to thank all applicants for their interest and effort in applying for the position.
However, only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
Wesdome prides itself on being an equal opportunity employer committed to responsible mining practices and building a diverse and inclusive workforce. We are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or Aboriginal status. Disability-related accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (the “Act”), Wesdome is committed to hosting and maintaining an accessible environment.
To be eligible for this position, you must be legally permitted to work in Canada without any additional sponsorship support from Wesdome.