SUPERIOR NORTH-- Environment Canada issued a severe thunderstorm watch for parts of the region.
The government weather agency says scattered thunderstorms are forecast to develop Thursday afternoon and will continue until Thursday night.
Strong wind gusts up to 100 kilometres an hour, nickel to quarter sized hail, and locally heavy rainfall are the main threats expected with these storms.
Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:
- Geraldton - Longlac - Caramat
- Manitouwadge - Hornepayne
- Nakina - Aroland - Pagwa
- Nipigon - Rossport
- Armstrong - Auden - Wabakimi Park
- Beardmore - Jellicoe - Macdiarmid
- Gull Bay - Black Sturgeon Lake