MANITOUWADGE—The Manitouwadge Fire Department (MFD) wants to thank everyone who came out to help them launch their summer community event. They also want to share a few safety tips to be mindful of when out enjoying a favourite water/boating activity.
With the Canada Day long weekend over, and more long week-ends to look forward to, here are a few safety tips MFD wants to share:
- Swimming, boating, fishing any activity in or on the water should never be done alone.
- If you have to be alone in or on the water, please let someone know where your going and the time you should be back
- Don’t forget your life jacket and marine safety kit.
- Alcohol & Substances DO NOT MIX with water activities or campfires so be responsible. There are always little eyes watching and things can get out of control very fast.
- If you have a camp fire or back yard fire, be sure to have your garden hose or a bucket of water on hand. It can get out of control very fast.
- Sparklers are fun yes, but also can be very dangerous. Children often grab the wrong end and as a result a fun time can end sadly.
- Never BBQ in your house or cottage!
Following these few safety tips will help keep you and your family safe.